May Booster Club Meeting Minutes
Date: May 10, 2017
Present: Geno Rajtar, Kara Sweere, Matt Fink, Dan Godfrey, Steve Fink, Wesley Otto, and Melissa Strachan
- Secretary Report-The Minutes for the meeting for April 2017 meeting were presented for the approval. Wes Otto motioned to approve April Minutes; second by Dan Godfrey and the motion to accept the May Minutes was approved.
- Treasurer Report- Kara Sweere presented the Treasurer Report for April 2017
- The following bills were presented for payment: payment of $125 each ($375) for 3 LCS girls who made the All-state softball team; Doug Smith Speech (meals) $878.95; Loose Moose (meals for speech/one-act banquet) $2,535.11; AA Wholesale (speech awards) $68.80; Matt Fink (reimbursement for purchase for his purchase of wire microphone for LCS music department) $489.98. K-Fan Radio $125 monthly fee. There was a great deal of discussion regarding the appropriateness of size of the bills presented for reimbursement and payment from speech and the message it sends. Ultimately, Steve Fink moved to approve payment of the bills; seconded by Dan Godfrey and the motion passed.
- Wesley Otto motioned to accept the Treasurer Report; second by Matt Fink and the motion was approved.
III. Old Business
- Hoopin on Hill
- Update from Dan Godfrey; the hope is to really grow the event set for August 5
- Coupon Book- No update;
- Kara stressed the importance that the membership in the Club is kept current. Very specific information needs to be available in the event of a state audit.
- Loose Moose Golf Tournament- Geno indicated that sponsorships were coming in.
- Matt Fink provided some feedback.
- New Business
- Matt Fink’s name was submitted as president; Wes Otto as vice president; Dan Godfrey as CEO when Doug Smith steps down. Kara and Steve both indicated they intend on resigning as of June 30. A new secretary/treasurer will be needed. Steve will stay on until a new secretary is found.
- A discussion was held regarding adding another item line to the list of activities with “cash” for the “Crusader Graduation Party”. The purpose of the line item would be to allow the parents of senior kids to deposit money they have raised or were given for the end of the year graduation party. For liability purposes, the School does not want the party to be connected to it. After discussion is was voted and agreed that a line item for the end of the year graduation party would be established to allow money to be deposited into the account for use by the senior parents to pay for the graduation party. It was also agreed that if the Club is required to sign any contracts related to the party, the Club may require liability insurance coverage for the event which would be paid from the funds held in the new account.
- Meeting Adjourned-Motion to adjourn made by Melissa Strachan and seconded by Dan Godfrey. Motion passes. Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm.